Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dream Animals

Everyone talks about the house of their dreams, but for me, I don't really give too much of a crap. For me, it's all about the animals! Let's start with animals that I could actually own.

First up, dogs. I want three dogs. The first dog that I will get will be a Boston Terrier named... Bessie! I just think that'd be the perfect name for a Boston Terrier! While there are many variations, I'd prefer a perfectly black and white one, like this:



The next dog I own would have to be a black pug. While Stella is a fawn colored pug, I've always like black pugs better. There's just something about them. I don't have any good names planned for her (I'd be getting all female dogs, as they are far easier to train and take care of), but I was thinking maybe something Japanese. I'm open up to any suggestions!


My third an final dog is a tough one. I either want a white French Bulldog, a Chihuahua, or a Pomeranian. Small dogs are just easier to care for, cost less for maintenance, and live longer, so yeah.

On top of the three dogs, I want a Guinea Pig. Preferably, a black, white, and brown one, a brindle one, or a tan one. I'm in Guinea Pig withdrawal right now, because my mom left our two Guinea Pigs, Winny and Ginny, out in the sun too long and KILLED THEM!!!

Next, I want some sort of bird. The only problem is I want to train it to be affectionate and loving, but that takes a lot of work. While I like the idea of a Macaw and a Cockatoo, I think they might be too big, so probably an African Grey would be perfect. They are so intelligent, and if you've ever seen a video of Alex the Grey Parrot on Youtube, you'd want to run out and buy one!

I would also be interested in getting a reptile, most preferably a chameleon! I love their eyes, heads, feet, and tail. They're so exotic! The only problem, though, is that I read that they can't really be trained to socialize. Man, if only we could domesticate them more, they'd be the perfect pets!



Now, for the ones I wouldn't be able to own. First of, I think it would be amazing to have a camel. I was watching this documentary about a baby camel growing up in a zoo, and they are really affectionate. I would love to ride it everywhere when it grows up. That'd be so much fun!

On top of a camel, it would be really cool to own a pygmy hippo. This is another animal that was inspired by something I saw on TV. A giraffe would also be amazing!!!

And last, but not least, is the object of my affection.... a penguin! I'd want as many different penguins as I could get my hands on.

*sigh* If only having all of these animals was feasible......

--Till then...

4 comments:

emie said...

oh, you and your small dogs.

i can't believe that your mom killed your guinea pigs! i'm so sorry. how long have you had them for?

OrangeXenon said...

We had them for like 3 or 4 years. We got Winny from the humane society for $5, and it turned out she was pregnant! She had 3 kids: 2 boys and Ginny. The 2 boys were given away to our neighbors, who subsequently killed them in less than a week because of how they fed them.......

4649 said...

my name is mentioned in your blog A LOT. ahahaa!

i'm sorry for your loss...but, you have quite the menagerie planned out! i am excited to visit your future zoo. :D

Anonymous said...

i think this entry is so fascinating! i never really thought about what my dream pet would be. :O

and i'm sorry for the loss of your guinea pigs! that must've been really sad for you :(