Monday, August 18, 2008

Apologies to Bessie: My Dream

Last night I had a weird dream:

It was Joe, Liz, and I and some other people, and we were trying to get to the airport in Japan to go home. We were coming from Kyoto back to Tokyo, and Liz wanted to buy some more souvenirs when we got back. For whatever reason, there was a train that went directly from Kyoto to the airport. When we arrived, it dropped us off in this terminal and we had no clue where we were or where we were going. It was like a mall, with tons of shops and restaurants, but most of them were closed and there were barely any people in the area we were in. We went to this store that sold candy, and we talked about how if we bought chocolate, it would melt before it got home. Looking at the time, we realized that we wouldn't be able to leave the airport and buy souvenirs like Liz wanted to (our flight left at 5). We wandered the airport, and we saw this security guard standing there. For whatever reason, Joe dared me to go up to him and ask him the name of the airport. I took the dare, and, in Japanese, I asked him. He responded back in Japanese, but soon switched to English. He never really answered my question, but explained something else, and I just smiled and nodded and thanked him. We kept walking. The time was cutting it really close, so I told everyone to kick it into gear and search for where we had to go. We made it to the gate, and we went through. It was an outside train platform on the roof, though. It turns out that we had to wait for a train to come to take us to our airplane. On the platform, there were many people, mainly our age, who appeared to be returning from studying abroad. We had to wait a while, and while we were waiting, this girl who went to Sophia with us came up to me and said that it was so sad that we were leaving. I knew her and was sad too, but I had no clue what her name was and felt it too rude to ask. I asked her if we could take a picture together before we part ways, and she agreed. I tried taking pictures, but I'd either hold it the wrong way, have the wrong setting on so it would look weird, or just miss our faces entirely. I looked at the camera to change the settings, and I realized it wasn't mine. I was angry and looked around for my camera. Then this college kid with a baseball cap came up to me, laughed, and said "I stole your camera". He pulled mine out and handed it to me. I was so angry, that I smashed the one he switched mine with. After that, I had to retake the pictures, but I kept missing again. Finally, I was satisfied and thanked the girl, gave her a hug, and looked for the train. But I looked at my watch, and it was 8 o'clock, 3 hours past the departure time!!!! My first reaction was annoyance that Liz and Joe didn't come and get me, but then I realized that I never got any ticket or anything, so I didn't know how I was going to get home! Then I woke up......

Weird/boring dream, huh? I always remember a lot of my dreams, and they're usually about something I was frustrated about. I remember that the whole "how am I going to get to the airport?" thing really upset me. I also always have dreams about going back to high school and always being late to my classes. I guess I just have an anxiety about being late to something important!

--Till then...

No comments: